Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hi.

Hello readers of Mormon-related blogs! My name is Butch, and this here blog you see before you is Mormon Droppings. One day it will be full of entries with my thoughts on Mormon doctrine, history, culture, etc., but right now it's just a place holder because I thought the name Mormon Droppings was just the cat's meow, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the phrase didn't pop up in a Google search - and since I figured it would only be a matter of time before it did, here we are....

I suppose that, for now, I could go about briefly introducing myself, so here's what I bet you're just dying to know:

My name is Butch, and I'm a dude. (Such clarification is probably unnecessary, as Butch isn't typically a bisexual name, but you never know....)

I was born in the Church, in the covenant.

I served a mission in the Nevada Las Vegas West mission, serving in Reno, Fallon, and Vegas.

For the most part, I have been inactive in church since returning home from my mission.

My current attitude toward the Church's truth claims tends to be one of confused skepticism, but my journey has only just begun; so I reserve the right to contradict myself, waffle, flip flop, defect, renege, change sides, bear my testimony, deny my testimony, and otherwise disappoint everyone eventually.

Hope you enjoy the spectacle.

2 comments: